Friday, October 07, 2005

Lab # 3 - Analog in - Potentiometer value read through Hyper Terminal



Here's the breadboard for Lab # 3. It works, finally. In previous attempts I mistakenly added the pot wiring as though it was a voltage regulator (IGO) and cooked it. I substituted a flex resistor and a new chip but that didn't work either. I believe the flex resistor may have also been NG because when I decided to try a new potentiometer, the Hyper Terminal readout was O.K. Below are some pix of readout values, through Hyper Terminal, that I adjusted the potentiometer to.



Hyper Terminal readout value = 3



Hyper Terminal readout value = 193



Hyper Terminal readout value = 256



Hyper Terminal readout value = 555



Hyper Terminal readout value = 728 ( my son's birthday)



Hyper Terminal readout value = 1021 ( the highest value this pot would register)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home