Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lab # 6 H - Bridge DC

Until my H - Bridge arrives, here's a googled list of H - Bridge sites and things you can peruse:

Googled H- Bridge Sites

11/01/05
H -bridges to arrive shortly - Priority mail shipped-got the email last night.

The pins weren't too good on this one. They were in fact somewhat of a wider spread than the space accross the divide on the breadboard . I bent the pins on one side but it wasn't quite enough and I was concerned about breaking them so I sent for another H-bridge.

In the meantime I've acquired a serial to USB adapter for the PIC programmer I got on ebay.

[ebay want me to comment on how fast this guy at Carnegie Mellon got the programer to me........yeah,... well, he didn't say anything about how fast he got the $$$ from me so, I hope he 's not the "wait by the email inbox" type]

but enough of that guys' problems......


I signed up for a free demo account at www.compilespot.com . They allow you to compile your programs for free needing only to endure some advertising. I didn't notice anything being in your faceabout it so for someone who can't be down at ITP all the time, it cold be a time saver. You do need your own PIC programmer but I think it is worth the investment.

Here is a picture of the successful compile of the PIC code for
Lab #6 with the programming verify indicated. The M.E. programmer (wide box in foregound) allows coices from a long list of different chips





This is the breadboard setup.









The board has power but the results thus far are a might less than textbook. The motor benchtested OK but on the board it isn't. I've programmed the PIC twice and the result has been the same. I am running the motor in parallel with the 7805 voltage because the motors' voltage said it was 9-18 volts( my local RS has a poor parts selection- choices were this and a 3 volt motor)
Might be the H- bridge, my wiring or some other glitch. I'll have to reprogam the chip using a programmer in the lab to determine that at least it isn't my new ebay programmer. I'd also like to use a 5 volt motor and eliminate the parallel wiring.







.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home